Volunteers make the Difference!
THA volunteers make it possible to preserve
the history of the Tigard area, maintain the John Tigard House and host
community events. Volunteering is fun and rewarding. We have a wide variety of volunteer
Questions? Call us at 503 747-9856 or email
- Grant Writer: Support the maintenance of the John Tigard
House and the work of THA by writing grants for various projects. Computer skills required.
- Membership Coordinator: Maintain the database of THA members. Send letters to recognize new members and
renewals. Develop ideas for increasing
membership. Computer skills needed.
- Photo Archivist: Work with the THA photographer/webmaster to
locate historical photos of Tigard area and take “before and after” photos of
historic buildings, farms, parks and scenic locations. Digital photo processing skills desirable.
- Oral History Interviews: Collect the history of the Tigard area by
interviewing long time residents using the THA video camera. Transcribe summary of interview for the THA
- Publicity Chair: Compose and send out to various media outlets
the publicity for the five events which THA sponsors each year. Computer skills required.
- Event Planning: Assist in the planning for THA events which
emphasize the history of Tigard and the mission of the Tigard Historical
Association. Plan pioneer demonstrations, period music and historical displays.
- Gardening: Help to plant and maintain the heirloom
flower gardens at the 1880 John Tigard House.
- Children's activities: Coordinate activities for children at THA events
and lead tours of local school children.
Public Library Local History Room
Tigard Historical Association also helps the library operate their Local
History Room. Two positions are available: The Local History Room
Docent welcomes visitors and answer basic questions about Tigard history
and the Local History Room at the Library; a Local History Project Volunteer
works with the Local History librarian to assist in coordinating and organizing
local history information. For more information on either of these positions
please call Sean Garvey at 503-718-2648 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org